I’ve never really been a Valentine’s kinda gal. Sure John and I have celebrated with cute cards and flowers and fun adventures, but it hasn’t ever been a holiday I’ve been super excited about. I think we should always be celebrating the people we love dearly and loving on people who are hard to love.
Paul reminds us the meaning of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
You’ve probably seen this verse plastered on a coffee mug, t-shirt, or wooden house decor 😉 but it is truly the sweetest and most powerful definition of it. We need to celebrate love more!
My best friend Morgan asked me if I wanted to co-host a Galentine’s party with her this past weekend and of course I said yes!!! I loooove meeting new people and gathering all my friends together to hang. Here’s a secret though: I’m actually really terrified when I throw parties/invite people to something haha. I get worried they won’t show up or that it will be super lame!
In the back of my mind I couldn’t help but think that this would be a great opportunity to get a bunch of believers & nonbelievers in the same room & to love on one another, care for each other, and share the love of Jesus with gals who don’t know what unconditional love is about. So, that’s what we did- we brunched, we giggled, and we just got to love on one another!
We were pretty excited about an excuse to eat yummy food…so much for being Paleo… #cheatweekend.
It was such a sweet time to meet new gals and to love on each other. I think we need more Galentine’s Days, ya know- lifting each other up, encouraging each other, and just hugging on each other. All that good stuff that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. #amirite?!
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. //1 John 4:7
So ladies, let’s spread more love. Let’s put a stop to tearing one another down and STRIVE to lift each other up! Let’s start embracing our flaws because in Jesus we are made NEW. Let’s just love the heck out of those girls that are tough to love, because Jesus died for them too. Let’s love people like crazy to the point where known as that “weird Christian girl” because all we do is spread JOY & speak Truth into the lives of those around us!
When you’re celebrating V-day with your special someone, or Galentine’s Day with your bffs, I pray that your heart will cling to these 14 promises 🙂
- “Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.” // Ephesians 4:32
- “Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.” // Proverbs 3:3
- “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor..” // Romans 12:10
- “Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.” // Hebrews 13:2
- “Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.” // Proverbs 10:12
- “If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love Godwhom he has not seen.” // 1 John 4:20
- “By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” // John 13:35
- “…and may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you;..” // 1 Thessalonians 3:12
- “but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.” // Exodus 20:6
- “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.” // 1 John 5:2
- “”You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” // Deuteronomy 6:5
- “Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; And let those who love Your salvation say continually, “Let God be magnified.” // Psalms 70:4
- “I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.” // Proverbs 8:17
- “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” // Romans 8:28
Praying that for your heart today. May your heart EXPLODE with the love of Christ so that other’s will encounter all of His goodness and glory. Praying that this love doesn’t just happen once a year, but that God will continue to mold your heart to be more like His – forgiving, patient, kind, and gentle. And may God give you the strength and courage to love those that are hard to love. Because is crazy in love with them too.